Hu Shin Kai affiliation is truly designed for your growth in traditional Japanese Karate-Do.
Hu Shin Kai
Hu Shin Kai (HSK) aims to provide Japanese Karate-Do. As a country that Karate originated, Japan has incomparable history, people, and learning materials. HSK always roots itself to Japan and promotes learning through camps with Japanese instructors, constant visiting Japan by instructor and members, and learning from like-minded Karate-Ka from all over the world.
HSK members can train with different goals: Martial arts, competition, health, self-defense, and etc… We consider the physical training as a basis but focus our attention to one’s personality, principles, and ethics, as our goal is to train to become a better person as a whole.
HSK affiliates and members can be part of another organization, given that such organizations do not hinder activities and life-long goals of HSK.
Hu Shin Kai Karate was built with a strong philosophy:
• It is not an organization led by handful of famous people. It is an organization of alliance to seek for better learning and training environment
• Strong roots in Japan to stay truly a traditional Japanese Karate while not incorporating modern developments
• Karate for all ages and goals: Clearly defined training methods for different ages and for all goals of each members
• Keep a high standard of techniques and beyond: Academic such as history, culture, instruction, etc.. and most of all, the personal development
• Bilateral benefits between the organization and its members
• Make a clear definition between different types of Karate (Sports, self-defense, traditional, combat, budo, etc…)
• Be clear on what is considered “difference” and “incorrect”
• Stay open to learning and teaching beyond organizations, styles, or any other differences
• Organization will only grow with the right affiliates at the right pace and does not aim to simply get larger
• Opportunities and first priority to attend events hosted by HSK
• Annual visit and stay in Japan to train at various locations
• Everything is open for a fair discussion, focused on each club and member benefits
• Black belt and various certification examinations
• Opportunity to order discounted uniforms, belts, and equipment from Japan
• Wholesale custom uniforms, belts, and equipment for sale at the Dojo
Basic Affiliation Requirements
• Only for those who truly share the passion of HSK philosophy and strive to perfect to be the best people as they can be.
• HSK instructors and club representatives must maintain the instruction standard by attending in-person or online training sessions. Number and frequency is catered towards each individual.
• HSK instructors and club representatives must be ranked and/or certified for the HSK standards (members are free to keep advancing on ranks from other organizations).
• Only for those who are interested in Karate and not just in exams/ranks.
• All black belts must take annual “confirmation exam” to ensure that they are training and keeping standards.
• Background checks and interviews for the affiliation eligibility.
• Standard annual membership fees.
If you’re interested, please contact us with your interest in affiliation with background, and we can begin discussing the right fit. Individual and club affiliation are both offered.