– Living Legend of Shotokan –
A Karate-Ka who started training Shotokan at Nihon University Karate Club, who was awarded his Shodan by Gichin Funkakoshi, the founder of the Shotokan Karate.
He trained directly under Masatoshi Nakayama, who is known as the “father of the modern Karate” and the first Chief Instructor of the JKA. He was one of the very first JKA HQ instructors, and he created a legend by training and competing among the founders of today’s Shotokan Karate: Tetsuhiko Asai (JKS), Keinosuke Enoeda(KUGB/JKA England), Hirokazu Kanazawa (SKIF), Teruyuki Okazaki (ISKF), and etc… He is also known as the instructor of the famous Masahiko Tanaka (former JKA, JTK Supreme Master).
Even at 91 years of his age, he continues to train and research Karate deeply. This is a special seminar that he will conduct, aimed generally towards the higher ranks of Karate practitioners to pass on his knowledge and skills.
Tekki Shodan, Nidan, Sandan
General Class (A): Practitioners generally with 3+ years of experience who know Tekki Shodan, Nidan, and Sandan.
Experienced Class (B): Practitioners generally with ~10 years of experience who know Tekki Shodan, Nidan, Sandan, and have knowledge of Nijushiho, and Jiin.
**Class B may attend Class A for no additional charge
*Hu Shin Kai members and affiliates’ color belts are allowed to attend.
Cost Per Person
(Costs are for the 3 Days of Sessions)
* No partial attendance price adjustments (but please do ask)
** No Refunds
***No family discounts
***Registration will close as soon as seats are filled***
Early: Sep 24, 2023 – 11:59 pm
Standard: Oct 15, 2023 – 11:59 pm
Late: Oct 22, 2023 – 11:59 pm
Hu Shin Kai Karate Dojo
3935 W Irving Park Rd, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL, United States 60618
There is a local train (CTA) train that leaves directly from the O’Hare International Airport.
Take the CTA Blue Line, and we recommend staying around the CTA Blue Line stop in Rosemont:
CTA Blue Line: Rosemont, 5701 N River Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018
There are several hotels around this stop, as well as restaurants and malls nearby.
From the Rosemont CTA Blue Line Rosemont station, you can take the Blue Line to the Irving Park station.
It will take about 20 minutes, and the Hu Shin Kai Dojo is about 3 blocks away from the Irving Park station.
If you decide to drive or use a taxi/rideshare, it is about 10 ~ 15 minutes between Rosemont and the Hu Shin Kai Dojo.
- Based on the health condition of Yaguchi Sensei, there may be last-minute changes to the schedules.
- Training may be extended without notice. You may leave at the scheduled end-time in such case.
- Your attendance acknowledges the Kuro-Obi World Media (KOWM) to record and publish publicly and commercially.
- Upon checkout, your credit card will be charged. You will be contacted to confirm your attendance at the email address you have used to register. If we cannot accommodate you, the deposit will be refunded to your credit card.
- Each attendee must register (For multiple attendees, or if the purchaser’s name is different than the attendees, you may purchase the # of attendees and enter their names in “additional notes” at checkout). Attendee names will be checked with an ID and must match the registered names for attendance.
- Please bring your own water bottles.
- Dojo will have a bathroom and dress rooms but not responsible for your belongings.
- For any questions, contact email@example.com
- No refunds or credits
In the “Additional Notes” section during checkout, please enter the following:
1. Full name, age, # of years training, affiliated Dojo and instructor’s name.
2. Which days you are planning to attend (price does not change).
3. Planned attendance (Class A or B).
You will initially be charged at Class B fee. Upon confirmation registration, you will be refunded the difference of Class A and B if you’re planning to attend Class A. You will receive a notification email upon refund.
*Banquet information will be provided later.